$150/55 minute sessions
There are a number of considerations when choosing between self-pay or commercial insurance for mental health services. I am happy to have a conversation around this with you and why there are key benefits to self-pay as an option for mental health services.
55 minute sessions, unless your insurance approves for more
Please contact your insurance company and ask them the following questions to help determine your benefits. This will be good information to have before talking with any mental health provider.
- Does your health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
This is a critical question.
- Do you have a deductible? If so, what is it and have you met it yet?
Let’s say you have a $6000 family deductible plan, which is not uncommon these days, depending upon your family’s healthcare needs, it may be a while before this deductible is met, or ever met in a given year. During that time period, you are responsible for payment of the contracted amount, at the time of the session.
- Does your plan limit how many sessions per calendar year you can have? If so, what is the limit? Some plans only allow 12 sessions, others 24, others don’t have a limit.
- What is your copayment for each session?
This will be due at the time of each session.
- Do you need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
I accept cash, credit cards, and check as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, if you do not give at least 24 hours’ notice, you will be responsible for payment at the time you have reserved.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!