The following resources are general resources to support over-all well-being and physical health. The resources are intended to complement, not replace, professional medical advice.
Favorite Personal Resources for Gut and Overall Health
- Nourishing Meals While this blogger stopped blogging in 2017, her site is filled with incredible recipes for those looking to do an elimination diet, help increase the health of their gut biome, all in a sugar-free, dairy-free, paleo way.
- Dr. Aviva Romm is a function medicine doctor who started out as an herbalist, midwife, and now runs groups for women to help balance their gut biome and as a result their hormones.
- Northern Sun Family Practice in Topsham, ME is where my office is located and is home to two fantastic naturopaths, Dr. Thomas and Dr. Ackerly (who is also a midwife). From your basic need for a yearly check-up to dealing with Lyme Disease, it’s a warm, supportive, heart-nurturing place to receive medical care.
Medications and Health Supplements
- Medical Encyclopedia
- Medication, Internet Mental Health
- Medications, PDR
- Medline, Comparison
- The People Pharmacy
- National Center for Biotechnology Information
- Your Disease Risk
- Mayo Clinic
- Duke Integrative Medicine